Bardarbunga update: 14 september 2014
- Subsidence of the caldera floor and tremor along the caldera rim continue, suggesting a sub-glacial eruption can take place in the caldera. This "phreatomagmatic" eruption would lead to jokulhaups and ash producing activity.
- The eruption at Holuhraun continues although its rate decreased slightly. The lava field covers about 25 km². Tremor continues in Holuhraun but remains weak, subsidence in this area is nearly insignificant. It seems that the dyke's activity would decrease in the next few days.
- The eruption's SO2 cloud extends to E Iceland, where concentration of gases can be high. This cloud is expected to move N according to the Icelandic Met Office. These conditions can change suddenly as weather is changeable.
A découvrir aussi
- bardarbunga eruption update, 28 december 2014
- Popocatepetl eruption update, december 2014, Mexico time (UTC-6h)
- Etna eruption updates, February 2015 (Italy time = UTC+1)
Membres qui aiment ce contenu